Important Update Regarding the Green DEX Aggregator Exploit
One of Brokoli’s products, the Green DEX Aggregator, fell victim to a smart contract exploit at approximately midnight UTC.
Around 100–200 wallets got compromised but we were able to limit the damage by closing off the DEX Aggregator.
Most of the users have not been affected and the token itself is safe.
During the exploit, a hacker was not able to access the wallets of our users but was able to exploit the tokens that were approved for the DEX aggregator.
Anyone who has NOT used the Green DEX Aggregator has NOT been affected and your tokens are SAFE.
If you have your tokens staked on NFTrade, Tokensfarm or Unicrypt, they’re safe and unaffected.
The SEEDs were not compromised and no fraudulent SEEDs were minted, so your tree planting count remains.
The issue only relates to the Green DEX Aggregator and the $BRKL token in general is 100% unaffected.
Our smart contracts had been audited before the attack and no issues were found.
We will work with independent auditors to further ensure the safety of our products going forward.
Our course of action:
We want to make it clear that this incident changes none of our future plans. Brokoli will continue developing and progressing towards our vision. However, we’re taking the situation very seriously and are taking the following course of action:
- A snapshot of all the users compromised will be taken
- We have identified the address of the exploiter, and we see that the address has been connected with other hacks on other projects. We’ll forward the information to relevant authorities for further action.
- We also know how the exploit happened and have prevented any further damage
- Just to be sure, all users who have used the DEX Aggregator should unapprove the tokens approved for that smart contract, a GUIDE HOW TO DO IT: https://brokoli-network.notion.site/Remove-token-approval-030192661546481c888933097065e8d0
- In the meantime, we’re calculating the exact amounts of the funds stolen from the exploited wallets, and we’ll follow up with a refund plan for the affected users.
We understand that this has been unfortunate to our users and our team and we appreciate the support in the process of sorting this out.
We’re with you and we’ll get through this together for a stronger future of us as a community.
We reassure that all future plans regarding our product, roadmap, marketing and future growth remain strong and unchanged.
However, we treat any damage to our community members seriously and we’ll make sure to provide a sensible, fair and immediate compensation plan.
About Brokoli Network
Brokoli is an impact-to-earn NFT metaverse where climate impact makes you money.
Your DeFi transactions on Brokoli plant NFT Trees: a tradable asset that earns passive income.
Brokoli’s core: Environmentally friendly gateway into the most popular DEXs and dApps.
API: Any blockchain platform (centralised or decentralised) can implement our API to allow users to opt-in to a small climate fee that offsets their transaction’s footprint.
Digital Forest / Brokoli Impact Credits: Users receive NFTs based on trees they have funded the planting of by using our products and completing daily quests. Digital NFT forests will be tradable as Brokoli Impact Credits: Corporate Social Responsibility standard loosely pegged to real forests and purchased by corporate partners.
Be sure to check out Brokoli local communities: