Companies spend money to look good.
An attorney’s office spends on a professional website and a supermarket spends on a big name board you can see from a mile away.
They don’t do it because it directly leads to a sale, but rather to build trust with their prospective client.
Same can be said for carbon credits — a permit that allows the company that holds it to emit greenhouse gases.
For example, if the government allows you to emit 1 gigatonne of greenhouse gases and you emit 10 gigatonnes, you can buy 9 gigatonnes worth of carbon credits to make you comply with the regulation.
Aside from regulatory reasons, giants like Microsoft or Amazon declared their transition to carbon neutrality to help reduce climate change — so it makes sense for them to buy carbon credits.
Companies that want to go green voluntarily can do so in a carbon credit market — where you literally pay to offset your emissions.
But there’s a better way.
Impact Credits by Brokoli
Carbon credits have a lot of problems: they are non-inclusive, ambiguous, lack transparency, traceability, and connection to the real world.
We are building Impact Credits — a blockchain-enabled alternative for companies to act responsibly as they go green.
Brokoli’s Impact Credits are tradable NFTs that companies, blockchain projects, influencers, or charitable individuals can purchase.
The value of these NFTs is pegged to the value of real-world trees that we are planting through our network of tree planting partners across the globe.
With Impact Credits, you are acquiring a share of the NFT Forest in the Brokoli Metaverse — a world of digital forest owners.
Users become forest owners by making an impact with the Green DeFi products (DEX, lending, yield farming) — and can sell their impact in the form of a digital forest to enable corporate sustainability.
This solves major problems of carbon credits:
- Brokoli Impact Credits allow the inclusion of all businesses regardless of size
- Buying and maintaining impact offsets is transparent as transactions are traceable on the blockchain
- Our Impact credits are cost-effective — you make more impact with less money
- Blockchain, DeFi, and NFT companies are finally invited
Why Your Company Needs Impact Credits
- Effective marketing tool. Get access to an environment-conscious audience wandering around the NFT Forest.
- Transparent CSR. Monthly impact reports prepared from our tree planting partners across Asia, Africa, Europe, or the Americas based on where you purchase Impact Credits.
- Hassle-free & cost-effective (compared to DIY). You make the same impact as actively planting trees in much less time. We use economies of scale to negotiate better prices (which leads to more impact per dollar spent on your behalf).
- Brokoli Impact Mascot. Get a customized Brokoli Mascot with your firm’s theme — a sign of pledging $1000+ on climate positivity that can be shared on social media and used by industry leaders like DAO Maker.
Tiers of Impact Credits
- Partner Tier — $100 or more: banner with your company logo on a forest.
- Bronze Tier — $1000 or more: custom Brokoli Impact Mascot in your NFT Forest based on the company purchasing Impact Credits
- Silver Tier — $2500 or more: put a website link or message description in your NFT Forest
- Gold Tier — $5000 or more: Corporate Membership at the Brokoli Sustainability Council that votes on the selection of offsetting projects, reporting, policy advocacy, and other key areas of Green DeFi
About Brokoli Network
Brokoli is an impact-to-earn NFT metaverse where climate impact makes you money.
Your DeFi transactions on Brokoli plant NFT Trees: a tradable asset that earns passive income.
Brokoli’s core: Environmentally friendly gateway into the most popular DEXs and dApps.
API: Any blockchain platform (centralised or decentralised) can implement our API to allow users to opt-in to a small climate fee that offsets their transaction’s footprint.
Digital Forest / Brokoli Impact Credits: Users receive NFTs based on trees they have funded the planting of by using our products and completing daily quests. Digital NFT forests will be tradable as Brokoli Impact Credits: Corporate Social Responsibility standard loosely pegged to real forests and purchased by corporate partners.